Thursday, November 17, 2011

Monique Ricardo


In a world of fakes....Dare to be real!

Im polish and Filipino and grew up in Lakeland, FL. I have a huge family, three beautiful sisters, a very tall lil brother and amazing parents. Growing up, I can def say i was not at all athletic. I did not play sports or really do any kind of fitness activity. I was sorta tall and lanky. I started out doing some small modeling-print work when i was fifteen. Being so tall for my age i then went on to runway. About two years ago, my opinion on the body started to change. I found muscle to be much more pleasing than skin over bones! so i started working out, not really knowing what i was doin....After alot of research and learning i started to put some muscle on pretty fast. I decided to push myself a bit harder and enter a local fitness competition in tx. After my first comp, the rest is history! i was hooked. Its very hard work and mentally challenging, but i enjoy it. The results in the end is worth it! Why I Love It: Working out had for sure changed my views on what a body should look like, a well defined body with muscle def looks better than a skinny body with skin covering bone!! I love watching my body transform month after month!!I love every moment that I get to step on stage. That is def where I belong. I love challenging myself and with figure, you can always improve and kick it up to the next level. Im obsessed with three things…..Teeth and nutrition and BJJ. I love to cook….i love to eat…..and then eat some more. :) ok i really ♥ Brazilian JuiJitsu!! My friend who teaches bjj kept trying to get me to go to a class. One day I actually show up and i was really surprised how much i enjoyed it.He kept telling me i should continue my training bc i would do well. So i did and then somehow i found myself competing in NAGA (bjj tournament )after only a few weeks of training! It was the most thrilling and fun experience ive ever had. I ended up winning beginners 1st place winner w gi and taking 2nd in no gi! I am def hooked on this sport and will continue to train and one day get a black belt! oooosssss!! I love GOD, without him nothing else matters. I am the person I am today because of him. A few of my Favorites quotes: "worry ends where faith begins..........." “A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult” So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3 “I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)”

No comments:

Post a Comment